There are so many things I have enjoyed as I've transitioned to a Ketogenic Lifestyle, and how I feel is at the top of the list. It's been an easier transition than I expected, and part of the reason why is because I feel the plan is pretty clear. Here are a few tips that I thought might help others as they are getting started.
TIPS FOR GETTING STARTED WITH A KETOGENIC LIFESTYLE
1. Weigh and measure yourself tomorrow morning. Take your “Before” picture. Do this first thing in the morning, before you start any of this! Smile because you’re awesome!
2. Go to www.ygyketogenic.com and learn about how the YGY KETOGENIC program works. It’s a tiny bit different than other Ketogenic programs. Research the foods that are Keto friendly, and recipes that sound good. Start to try them out.
3. Print your list of Keto friendly foods and on your next trip to the grocery store, ONLY BUY foods from that list.
4. Clean out your house from all the "bad stuff", or at least that might tempt you. I started my program the week of Halloween. We got rid of all our extras right away. I moved some other foods to our food storage to make room for what I’ll be eating for the next 30 days.
5. Order your Youngevity product.
6. Once your products have arrived, pick a date to begin officially. Weigh and measure yourself again, as chances are you’ve lost some weight just trying things out.
7. Set a timer to remind yourself of when to take your REV drops. Be consistent! If you’re out of your home a lot, buy 2 bottles: one for home and one for purse.
8. Eat Keto friendly veggies, and drink LOTS of water. I cut up a bunch each week and add them to every meal.
9. FOOD PREP IS KEY!!! Make things that are great left over, and easy to grab. Fat bombs, breakfast muffins, taco meet, etc. Plan out the foods you're going to eat during the next week, and prepare what you can in advance.
10. Find a few favorite meal items and stick to those. For me, I love my TACO SALAD for lunch. I also have a few FAT BOMBS and dips that are great. I love the cheesy breakfast muffins that I can just warm up and eat. I have my favorite KETO shake mix as well. Keep these handy. For my taco salad, I cooked up a bunch of meat and seasoned it, then froze it in little baggies to easily grab for lunches.
11. Share with your family and other key people what you are doing so that you have their encouragement, support, and people to celebrate successes with. This also helps to stick to your goals. Join our THE KETO LIFESTYLE Facebook group and let us know what your goals are as well.
12. Expand your recipes. I have some on a Pinterest Board, and also in The Keto Lifestyle Facebook group I set up. I also purchased a cookbook and have made some from that.
13. Give it a 30 day try! See if it’s a lifestyle change you would like to make.
Enjoy your journey!
I have listened to Alex Theis, our VP of Distributor Relations provide a couple of different training presentations on Follow-up and Retention, and he shares how important great follow-up is and the impact that it can make on our businesses.
I wanted to make practical application of some of his key points and also add some of my own tips for those who believe that this really can be a key component of our business. I really believe that if we implement some of these tips and do what we can to do our best with follow-up and building relationships, we can make a big difference on our businesses.
I hope everyone has the chance to hear Alex teach about this topic he is so passionate about.
It's your first day in your new YOUNGEVITY business, and you're likely wondering where to start.
First of all, WELCOME to our Youngevity family. We are really happy that you’ve decided to join us and we want to let you know that our team is filled with people who are here to support you and to cheer you on.
I’m sure you’re feeling really excited about your choice to join a new business. This PASSION and ENTHUSIASM is fantastic, and is the foundation for the business growth that you’re going to find.
It’s fun to start telling people about your decision to join a Direct Sales company, but it’s also important that you don’t jump in and start telling EVERYONE EVERYTHING right off the bat.
Each of us has chosen to be involved in this business for our own reasons. Our business goals and dreams come down to our own personal WHY. A strong why isn't always enough to motivate us to do those things required to build a successful business, if we don't maintain healthy business habits as well.
There are two KEY elements that can limit our business success:
1. Having a weak belief system.
Sometimes, because many compensation plans pay residual rewards, it can lead to complacency or a period of just "hanging out". Feeling like the commissions are coming in and it will just continue to grow. This isn't generally the case. If we want our businesses to grow we need to work. We need to find new team members, and treat the ones we have kindly, and help motivate, inspire, and find the tools to move their businesses forward.
If BUSINESS SUCCESS is our goal, and we're working toward our "WHY", why do some struggle to find the motivation? Casual effort and lukewarm commitment weaken our belief system and decrease our paychecks. If we don't put in the effort, we don't have a strong enough belief system. This business takes total commitment to our BUSINESS and our GOALS.
SIX PRINCIPLES TO HELP REACH SUCCESS IN OUR BUSINESSES
1. Establish a support system (upline, mentor, team member, downline).
2. Practice business skills. Build confidence.
3. Follow the plan. Listen to your leaders.
4. Stay connected and continue learning.
5. Don't be distracted by other opportunities that come your way.
6. Don't stop. There is no time off! Stay immersed in your business. Average commitment won't help achieve success.
I love summer, and I thought it would be fun to kick off the summer selling season with a little incentive for my organization, members of TEAM FUSION. It's focused around my favorite thing that Youngevity sells, the CEO MEGA PACK. Why is this my favorite? Because I love SO MUCH of what Youngevity has to offer, this is the BEST WAY to get the BEST VALUE on some of Youngevity's TOP PRODUCTS. They offer a variety of packs as well, which really meets the needs of our Distributors.
WHAT IS THE INCENTIVE?
It's simple. FILL OUT THIS FORM once you have:
-PERSONALLY ENROLLED a new distributor who purchases one of the CEO Mega Packs
-Help someone you've PERSONALLY ENROLLED in the past upgrade to a CEO Mega Pack
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
We will make prize drawings the entire month of JUNE 2015. Each time we have 10 new CEO or CEO upgrades that are entered into the form throughout the month, we will do a prize drawing from the sponsors names, and announce on the TEAM FUSION FAN PAGE.
We will also award prizes to:
1. The TOP VICE PRESIDENTIAL MARKETING DIRECTOR GROUP with the most CEO sign-ups or upgrades in their group in June. This team will be recognized at our LEADERSHIP SUMMIT event this fall, and will receive a PRIZE BASKET to share among their team at SUMMIT. If you don't know whose VPMD group you are in, check with your sponsor or an upline leader.
Who are the GROUP LEADERS?
Lisa Nelson Lisa Branch
Tanya Perrett Kim Klassen
Heidi Jackson Rhonda Anderson
Kristen Goodman. Sheri Meissner
Jeannette Bianchi Andrea Beauman
Helen Watt Cathy Miller
Maureen Feist Patty Hanson
Nanci Bottcher Elaine Vitito
Anna Broome Lorrie Curley
Amy Storch Sarah Lee
Sheri Caulkins Janetta Anderson
2. The TOP 3 Distributors with the most sign-ups or upgrades.
- 1st Place Prize TBA - If the distributor in 1st place has at least 5 upgrades or new sign-ups, their prize will be a FREE DELTA flight to Leadership Summit in North Carolina, or Convention in SLC.
- 2nd Place - TBA
- 3rd Place - TBA
Let's have some fun adding new CEO's to our teams this month.
MORE ABOUT CEO
Another thing I love about the CEO Mega Packs, is that over half of the ways Youngevity pays, are based on being CEO Qualified. It's an important part of the compensation plan, and the sooner you purchase your CEO Mega Pack, the better it is for your business.
Learn more about the CEO PACK, and Compensation HERE.
What are the different ways to get started with Youngevity? How do you know what's right for you? See what each alternative offers, and choose what you feel will help you take full advantage of everything Youngevity has for you.
WHY IS BECOMING A DISTRIBUTOR THE MOST POPULAR CHOICE?
When you enjoy the products and decide to share your free website with friends and family, when anyone chooses to buy something, you're paid a referral fee in the form of commission check. This means that in addition to the 30% wholesale discount, your commission check discounts your products even more. Who doesn't love a REBATE?
Youngevity does not have sales quotes, and you don't need to have inventory on hand to sell, so really a sign-up investment can be made back with the first website order you receive. There's nothing to lose. Learn more about being a Youngevity Distributor.
When we break our Youngevity business down to the most important elements for success, it's:
CARE - YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS MODEL
Relationships are at the core of everything we do. Training, connections, helping our team members find the success they are looking for is the foundation.
The road map to follow is simple, CARE. Follow this model, and help your new distributors do this as well, and you'll find the business success you're looking for.
With focused effort, and following the CEO Kit Model of duplication, a Distributor can rank advance to EMD in one week, and SEMD in just one month.
TAC (Top Achiever's Club) is an annual trip that Youngevity hosts, that you can work toward earning. The business actions required to earn your trip are the same business steps to lead to your success. Learn more about TAC requirements here and follow these to create your own business success plan as well.
By Lisa Nelson
Growing up, I had a special relationship with my Uncle Brian. Many people had a special relationship with him; he was the type of person who made you feel like you were his best friend. He had a belly laugh that was more like a giggle than a laugh, and it would go on and on. He was the biggest fan at our basketball games, cheering louder than all the others, telling us to shoot more, telling the referees to think a bit more about the call and keeping his own set of stats at each game. He was our farm’s most dedicated employee, even though he insisted on taking his lunch break during Days of Our Lives. He was the best with phone messages because not only did he take the message, he reminded you to call them back until you did. Many people have great memories of my uncle Brian.
Brian also had Down’s Syndrome. When he passed away, the entire family gathered in his hospital room while he was dying, and though he was basically unresponsive, we wanted to be there. When I arrived, he woke up, gave me the biggest smile, which let me know he was waiting for me and was glad I arrived, then went back to sleep. To this day, that is one of the best smiles I have ever received.
At Brian’s funeral, some of the comments made by friends and family were:
Hi, I'm Lisa! I have worked in the memory keeping industry for nearly 15 years, and now because of the merger of Heritage Makers and Youngevity, I get to enjoy an expanded product line and learn about so many unique and top quality products.