There are so many things I have enjoyed as I've transitioned to a Ketogenic Lifestyle, and how I feel is at the top of the list. It's been an easier transition than I expected, and part of the reason why is because I feel the plan is pretty clear. Here are a few tips that I thought might help others as they are getting started.
TIPS FOR GETTING STARTED WITH A KETOGENIC LIFESTYLE
1. Weigh and measure yourself tomorrow morning. Take your “Before” picture. Do this first thing in the morning, before you start any of this! Smile because you’re awesome!
2. Go to www.ygyketogenic.com and learn about how the YGY KETOGENIC program works. It’s a tiny bit different than other Ketogenic programs. Research the foods that are Keto friendly, and recipes that sound good. Start to try them out.
3. Print your list of Keto friendly foods and on your next trip to the grocery store, ONLY BUY foods from that list.
4. Clean out your house from all the "bad stuff", or at least that might tempt you. I started my program the week of Halloween. We got rid of all our extras right away. I moved some other foods to our food storage to make room for what I’ll be eating for the next 30 days.
5. Order your Youngevity product.
6. Once your products have arrived, pick a date to begin officially. Weigh and measure yourself again, as chances are you’ve lost some weight just trying things out.
7. Set a timer to remind yourself of when to take your REV drops. Be consistent! If you’re out of your home a lot, buy 2 bottles: one for home and one for purse.
8. Eat Keto friendly veggies, and drink LOTS of water. I cut up a bunch each week and add them to every meal.
9. FOOD PREP IS KEY!!! Make things that are great left over, and easy to grab. Fat bombs, breakfast muffins, taco meet, etc. Plan out the foods you're going to eat during the next week, and prepare what you can in advance.
10. Find a few favorite meal items and stick to those. For me, I love my TACO SALAD for lunch. I also have a few FAT BOMBS and dips that are great. I love the cheesy breakfast muffins that I can just warm up and eat. I have my favorite KETO shake mix as well. Keep these handy. For my taco salad, I cooked up a bunch of meat and seasoned it, then froze it in little baggies to easily grab for lunches.
11. Share with your family and other key people what you are doing so that you have their encouragement, support, and people to celebrate successes with. This also helps to stick to your goals. Join our THE KETO LIFESTYLE Facebook group and let us know what your goals are as well.
12. Expand your recipes. I have some on a Pinterest Board, and also in The Keto Lifestyle Facebook group I set up. I also purchased a cookbook and have made some from that.
13. Give it a 30 day try! See if it’s a lifestyle change you would like to make.
Enjoy your journey!
Many of our team members are having great success with weight loss and making healthy lifestyle changes. Their stories are amazing, and hearing the positive ways our lives can be impacted by taking care of our health is helpful and motivating for those of us on our own roads to better health.
Take a few minutes to hear their stories and tips they share.
Thank-you Nanci Bottcher, Candy McCune, Patty Spielman, and Lori Brandenburg for sharing your journey, knowledge, and experiences with us.
Lori Brandenburg, from Team Fusion, was the latest Healthy Body Challenge 2015 winner. It was neat to see her on stage, looking absolutely fantastic, celebrating her amazing journey with all of us.
Lori, and her sponsor Patty Spielman, who also has an amazing weight loss story, has shared some tips with us to help with our own journey to better health. I love how practical these tips are. Thank-you for sharing!
From Lori and Patty:
A lot of people ask what they should order before they begin a weight loss program. Keep these handy. These are the flyers from December that show the 3 basic kits you'll want to order to get you through the month. If you didn't start January 1st, don't worry. Start when you can! And remember, as Coach Jeevers says, do the BEST you can WHEN you can.
New year, new goals, and for many of us it starts with losing the holiday weight and more, getting healthy, getting ready for the annual Top Achievers Club (TAC) trip, etc. For Youngevity, Sanjeev Javia, our Healthy Body Coach, is starting a new group of motivated participants, on a a Healthy Body Transformation Experience. DOWNLOAD OUR GUIDE HERE.
This year, he's starting everyone with something a bit different...Beyond Organic's Suero Viv Cleanse, and he's doing it too. While I wouldn't say I enjoy cleanses, I think they're fantastic, and I've seen great benefits from them in my own life. I've had a lot of people ask me about the Suero Viv Cleanse, and I've been entertained as I've watched Sanjeev's experiences on our Facebook page. Read Sanjeev's story and tips below. By the way, if you don't know Sanjeev yet, get to know him by listening to his calls Wednesday nights at 5:00 pm PT. 212-990-8000 PIN 75555#
Day 1 Suero Viv Cleanse
Bottle 1 - 8:00am. Remember, take it easy today..lots of relaxing, reflecting, and stretching (if you want to move more than usual). I'm having (1) bottle every 2hrs...8:00am..10:00am...12:00pm...2:00pm..4:00pm...and so on...let's do it!
Ok so this was supposed to be my 10:00am post, but as you can see I was jumping on the tennis court. "Do as I say not as I do"..as my dad would ALWAYS say!! Minimal activity for most of you…I couldn't pas up a tennis game.
Whoa..went shopping with my sis. Z-Galleria is a Z-Zoo. Anyway, missed my 2:00pm..Suervo...not good idea...you gotta stay with the system...every 2-3hrs. Will keep your energy up and feed your body the nutrients to keep you from craving…back home now...all good. The hefty probiotics in Suervo is a great benefit right now because it's helping to enhance digestion of previous foods...foods that would have been left there because we would have continued to eat! Feeling great, stay on track everyone!
8:00pm - My last SuervoViv...stomach gurgling, a bit of "digestional uncomfortablness", and a few trips to read "Best Bathroom Stories of 2014" (what?!?..it was on sale!)...YES to all of those. It's OK, it sucks, may get worse...but it's nothing harmful...just freakin my Digestive System out because it's not used to drinking FLUID all day. The DS is a powerful system with incredibly strong forces of muscle contraction, when it senses hunger it "calls out" by contracting these forces, this is what causes grumbling. The "discomfort" comes from gases release by bacteria (unhealthy/healthy) and other food that has been "stuck" in the GI tract. The constant trips to the bathroom...well, that's because of all the excess fluid that I've been drinking (SuerVIV) and releasing (water released from balancing of electrolyte levels). Now you know, we're all in this together, let's get through it!
Hi, I'm Lisa! I have worked in the memory keeping industry for nearly 15 years, and now because of the merger of Heritage Makers and Youngevity, I get to enjoy an expanded product line and learn about so many unique and top quality products.