There are so many things I have enjoyed as I've transitioned to a Ketogenic Lifestyle, and how I feel is at the top of the list. It's been an easier transition than I expected, and part of the reason why is because I feel the plan is pretty clear. Here are a few tips that I thought might help others as they are getting started.
TIPS FOR GETTING STARTED WITH A KETOGENIC LIFESTYLE
1. Weigh and measure yourself tomorrow morning. Take your “Before” picture. Do this first thing in the morning, before you start any of this! Smile because you’re awesome!
2. Go to www.ygyketogenic.com and learn about how the YGY KETOGENIC program works. It’s a tiny bit different than other Ketogenic programs. Research the foods that are Keto friendly, and recipes that sound good. Start to try them out.
3. Print your list of Keto friendly foods and on your next trip to the grocery store, ONLY BUY foods from that list.
4. Clean out your house from all the "bad stuff", or at least that might tempt you. I started my program the week of Halloween. We got rid of all our extras right away. I moved some other foods to our food storage to make room for what I’ll be eating for the next 30 days.
5. Order your Youngevity product.
6. Once your products have arrived, pick a date to begin officially. Weigh and measure yourself again, as chances are you’ve lost some weight just trying things out.
7. Set a timer to remind yourself of when to take your REV drops. Be consistent! If you’re out of your home a lot, buy 2 bottles: one for home and one for purse.
8. Eat Keto friendly veggies, and drink LOTS of water. I cut up a bunch each week and add them to every meal.
9. FOOD PREP IS KEY!!! Make things that are great left over, and easy to grab. Fat bombs, breakfast muffins, taco meet, etc. Plan out the foods you're going to eat during the next week, and prepare what you can in advance.
10. Find a few favorite meal items and stick to those. For me, I love my TACO SALAD for lunch. I also have a few FAT BOMBS and dips that are great. I love the cheesy breakfast muffins that I can just warm up and eat. I have my favorite KETO shake mix as well. Keep these handy. For my taco salad, I cooked up a bunch of meat and seasoned it, then froze it in little baggies to easily grab for lunches.
11. Share with your family and other key people what you are doing so that you have their encouragement, support, and people to celebrate successes with. This also helps to stick to your goals. Join our THE KETO LIFESTYLE Facebook group and let us know what your goals are as well.
12. Expand your recipes. I have some on a Pinterest Board, and also in The Keto Lifestyle Facebook group I set up. I also purchased a cookbook and have made some from that.
13. Give it a 30 day try! See if it’s a lifestyle change you would like to make.
Enjoy your journey!
Hi, I'm Lisa! I have worked in the memory keeping industry for nearly 15 years, and now because of the merger of Heritage Makers and Youngevity, I get to enjoy an expanded product line and learn about so many unique and top quality products.